The late Pope John Paul II spoke often about seeing a New Springtime in the Church, a rebirth of faith in an often dark, dying and disconnected world. One of the great evidences of this renaissance is a great growth in the numbers of men and women–the young especially–choosing priesthood or the consecrated life.
Believe it or not, there are many young and growing orders! Some of my favorites include:
- Servants of the Lord & the Virgin of Matará
- Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia
- Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
- Sisters of the reformed branch of the Society of the Sacred Heart (Florence)
- Many, many others!
You may be interested to know that one of my favorites, the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist, will be appearing on Oprah this afternoon–for the second time! More here:
- “Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist to appear a second time on Oprah.”
- Local listings for Oprah here.